Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Planning!

Hey everyone! So Nicole and I have been talking during class about our project and we are really trying to come up with the specifics in the plot. Like the characters names and questions that the detective will be asking the leader. We decided that the plot would be better off if we didn’t have a gang and we just made it more about the leader. Nicole and I found the name Blair that really fits with the leaders persona. This name was personified perfectly by Blair Waldorf, the “Gossip Girls” evil queen. With her icy stare and flawless hairs, Blair Waldorf commanded both adoration and attention wherever she went. And Blair can be used for baby boys as well. Blair’s last name will be Libra because we thought the name was really cute to be honest.
For the victim’s name we have chosen Gideon Andrews. According to Nameberry the name “Gideon” means having a stump for a hand and we might play off of the name.  In the film opening we also will have the Director, writer, cinematographer, editor, and main actors. For director and writer, Nicole and I will both have our names. The other three sections we are still figuring out. Nicole will be the main character, Blair and I will be the detective.
Nicole and I decided to set the date of the film in the 1950s instead of having it modern. That means costuming and make-up will play a big role into setting the date. Nicole and I plan on going shopping at thrift stores to get some out fits and I am going to ask my mom if I can wear her uniform for the detective. Another factor that sets up the mood and plot are the questions that the detective asks Blair. Some of the questions that will be asked will start off with “ would you like some water before we start?” and then get into deeper questions like “ did you know Mr. Andrews personally?”. These questions will lead on to the flashbacks and the truth behind them. Below are some pictures that I took while figuring out the questions that we are going to have. Thanks for checking out my blog and come back tomorrow to find out some more information about my film opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment